The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible primarily for general maintenance and repairs in guest suites, meeting space, restaurant and common areas. Guest Suite and public area entry-level preventative maintenance are included. The maintenance engineer will also perform some repairs on mechanical, electrical, plumbing, kitchen, and laundry equipment.
- Maintain hotel, pool, and surrounding area, performing minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, HVAC functions, and other related maintenance activities, using hand tools.
- Notify management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
- Respond to guest requests for service according to company policy. Keep records of rooms completed.
- Ensure all phone equipment is in working order and notify management of all needed repairs.
- Observe equipment and utility meter readings on a daily basis.
- Stay accessible to Chief Engineer, MOD, and all operating departments of the hotel.
- Maintain files of Material Safety Data Sheets and follow safe work practices including Lock Out Tag Out program.
- Notify Chief Engineer of all equipment and supply needs through inventory and Par levels.
- Ability to learn and respond to all emergency procedures.
- Displays good customer relation skills and takes initiative to greet guests in a friendly manner.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to management; complete safety training and certifications. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets.
- Ensure uniform and appearance is clean and professional.
- Reports to work for scheduled shift, on time and in uniform in accordance with company policy.
- Other duties as assigned as assigned.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks at once
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger
- Use arithmetic to measure, compute amount of materials to use, and to inspect product to be sure it conforms to requirements.
- Lift and move materials and products.
- Climb and balance self.
- Work outdoors in all kinds of weather.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
- One (1) year in maintenance related work and six (6) months of supervisory experience.
- As required by local, state or federal regulation.