To greet guests in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner. Accommodate guests by registering and assigning rooms, issuing room keys, transmitting and receiving messages. Keep records of occupied rooms and guests' accounts, making and confirming reservations, and presenting statements to and collecting payments from departing guests.
- Display good customer relation skills and take initiative to greet guests in a friendly manner.
- Register and assign rooms to guests of the hotel without announcing room numbers. Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests and shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions.Record guest comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary.
- Keep records of room availability and guests’ accounts. May make, confirm and cancel reservations for guests.
- Compute bill, collect payment and make change for guests. May post charges such as room, food, liquor or telephone by hand or machine.
- Transmit and receive messages using equipment such as telephone, fax, switchboard or computer.
- Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation as stated in the SOP. Account for all cash and make deposits in accordance with hotel and company policies.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to management; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and appearance is clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets.
- May make restaurant, transportation or entertainment reservations for guests; may deposit guests’ valuables in the hotel safe or safe-deposit box; may order complimentary flowers or champagne for special guests.
- If functioning in a Lead Capacity: (a) take responsibility for assigned employees in the absence of the Supervisor, (b) assign work and ensure proper performance of assigned employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Speak effectively- Talk to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Communicate well with many different kinds of people.Service Orientation - Actively look for ways to help people.
- Change easily and frequently from one activity to another such as from typing, to searching in a directory, to using a telephone or computer.
- Use eyes, hands, and fingers accurately while operating a phone system or computer keyboard.Mathematics - Use mathematics to solve problems.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum three (3) months hospitality, general office, accounts receivable or customer service experience. Hospitality industry preferred.